Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Kindergarten Day's at the Doctors

Today I took Sophia to Kindergarten Day's at her doctors at Alpine Pediatrics.
They do this for all the kids that will be going into Kindergarten in the Fall.
They checked her weight, height (both in the 90%), eyes, (perfect, 20/20, which I was told is very rare to have such great eye sight), pricked her finger to check her blood, urine check, went over developmental, and asked her a few question, and then immunizations (NOT the fun part). She passed with flying colors everything! Her doctor said she is really smart. I of course think she is too, does every Mom think their child is a genius?
She cried getting her shots, which totally sucked for me. It made me realize that she is still so little, and still my baby girl. She still needs me too! She recovered quickly when they brought in her bag of goodies, (jewlery, toys, stickers, crayons, whistles, and more), and a cup of milk and an M&M cookie! Talk about being spoiled!!! Oh, she also got her picture taken with our doctor, Dr. Spencer and they made it into sticker! She loved this!
I loved being able to take Sophia to her Kindergarten Day. I was able to leave the boys with my amazing neighbor, so I could focus just on Sophia for this appointment. I'm so grateful for this time she and I had together. I LOVE just her and I time. For some reason, and maybe you other Mom's know what I'm talking about, but when its just her and I, she is almost like a totally different person. She's sweeter, kinder, and even more beautiful....weird huh? I love that I get to focus on just her. Maybe that is what makes the difference, I get to see her just for her! I sure do love this little girl more than I could ever say, show or tell.
A note on Dr. Spencer. I TOTALLY LOVE HIM! The first time I met him, was when I had Nick at his 2 month well baby check and Sophia at her 2 year well baby check up. I was there by myself, (something back in those days was rare, my husband used to come to every check up with me), and it was time for both kids to get their immunizations. I wasn't sure how I was going to hold a baby to comfort him and comfort my 2 year old. In my mind I was so stressed out about this. Always for the immunizations the doctor leaves and the nurse comes in to do the dirty work. This time however Dr. Spencer came back in with the nurse and told me he was there to hold my baby (Nick) for me after his immunizations so I could comfort Sophia during and after hers....I was in LOVE for ever after this! I can't imagine, and have never expereienced another Doctor being so thoughtful and kind. Ever since Dr.Spencer has been on my A-list and has continued to impress! He is so funny too! WE love Dr.Spencer!





4 other thoughts:

Shelby said...

Hey that's Bri's Doctor too! We absolutely LOVE him! He's the best.

Erica said...

That's the same doctor we took Brooklyn to before we moved! What a good guy :)

And so true about having them out by themselves! I love that one on one time!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That sounds so fun! Hooray for awesome neighbors to take your others kids so you can do one on one time, I bet she LOVED it!

Ashley said...

That is a really neat thing for the doctor to do. Sounds like a helpful and fun day.

Post a Comment