Monday, May 10, 2010

Going to the Movies

The other day I decided to take the kids and I to a movie! There wasn't any new "kids" movies we hadn't seen yet, except for Oceans, which I thought the kids would love since they love fishes and it is a Disney movie. I've taken Nick and Sophia to a lot of movies, and for the most part they've been great. However, this was my first time, all by myself, taking all three kids to a show. I was up for a challenge! :)
We arrived an hour early. So we got lots of treats, and took some pictures to help us remember our fun day. We were the only ones in the theater, so the kids had fun running around, playing on the stairs and being as loud as they wanted to as we waited for the movie to start. I was thinking as I was watching them play, that this was one of my best ideas!
A few other people started showing up, a older couple and a group of about 5 senior citizen ladies. The movie than started and the kids were awesome for about five minutes. Then they were done with watching the movie. They wanted to continue to run around and be loud, and by then their snacks were gone, so that wasn't helping entertain them either.
At one point during the movie the group of seniors even told Nick to be quiet! I was pretty embarrassed! Nick didn't seem to care or hear them because he kept being loud and kept running around the theater.
About a half an hour before the show was over, the kids started yelling at me that they wanted to leave, but after spending more than $30 on tickets and treats, I wasn't about to leave early from the show.
One good kid during it all was Jack! He slept through the whole thing!
I would have to say overall this experience was not a good one. I'm not going to let it stop me from trying again though. There are some great new kid movies coming out this summer that I plan to take all my kids too!






0 other thoughts:

Post a Comment