Monday, May 10, 2010

I Love Being a Mom to Nick

When I was pregnant with Nick, I knew I was having a boy before the doctor confirmed it. I was so scared. I really thought I didn't need a boy, but I knew Dave did. I just thought they didn't seem as fun as girls, BOY was I wrong!
Like every baby, the second they place them in your arms, you wonder how could you ever live without them, how could you have never known them, and that you'll do everything to protect them. I felt this and much much more when I held Nick for the first time.
He was so tiny compared to Sophia when he was born. He was 6lbs 10oz, Sophia was 8lbs. 13oz. So I was worried that something had to be wrong with him. The doctors and nurses assured me that he was perfect and that his weight is completly normal.
Giving birth to Nick was one (out of four now) BEST days of my life. I LOVED giving birth to him! The process was perfect and after having a c-section with Sophia, a VBAC was just amazing! I totally recommend it to anyone that has to make that decision.
Nick has been my little buddy ever since the day he was born. He has brought so much more love, laughs and joy to my life!
He is still a skinny little kid. I am still amazed by how skinny his arms and legs are. He will only wear basketball shorts, and football shirts. I have to beg and bribe him to wear anything else. He loves to give me hugs and kisses and tells me all the time how much he loves me. It's a good thing I have Nick around to remind me each day how much I am loved.
Words cannot express how much I love Nick. I love you Nickers!

0 other thoughts:

Post a Comment