Monday, May 10, 2010

I love being a mom to Sophia!



I became a Mom in 2005 when my little girl Sophia was born.
I had always dreamt of being a mom, and Sophia was my dream come true!
When she was born she was just like I imagined, perfect in every way!
I LOVED buying all the cute baby clothes for her, LOVED dressing her up, LOVED showing her off and LOVED knowing she was mine!
I worked part time outside of my home during Sophia's first year. Her Daddy was lucky enough to be home with her while I worked. After work each day, He and I would meet up in the UVU (then UVSC) parking lot to switch cars, so he could go to school and I could go home with Sophia. I will never forget those days; going to the car, looking in the back seat at my little girl, seeing her beautiful face and her in the cute outfit Daddy had picked out for her to wear that day. This was one of the moments in my life that I realized I was luckiest person I knew. We would then drive home and I would talk to her all the way home. She couldn't talk back yet, but I knew she was listening. We then would go home, hang out, have a nap and spend time together. I loved those days!
Sophia taught me just what true love is. I am positive that without having children, you would never really know what this feels like. Once I knew what if felt like to be a Mom, I realized just how much my Mom must love me. I always knew growing up that my Mom loved me, but really how much and what it felt like, I didn't know until I was a Mom myself.
Sophia continues to made me proud. She is five years old now, and growing way to fast. I tell her to stop growing, but she tells me she can't. She is too excited to grow up to be a Mom, so she can wear my clothes and my earings!
I love you Sophia! Thank you for letting me be your Mom!

0 other thoughts:

Post a Comment