Saturday, May 29, 2010

Date Nights

Something I've always wanted to do, and recently just started, with my kids is have Date Nights. I think it is very important to have one-on-one time with each child so they can get to know you and you can get to know them. I think it makes them feel so special and they love the attention!
Sophia and I did a date night, just her and I last month. We went to the movies, saw "How to Train Your Dragon", and then to IHOP, which of course was her choice. On the day that we went, it was so windy outside, she and I had to hold hands and run to the theater, car, etc, we joked that we were going to fly away! I love that she still remembers this day and talks about it all the time!
This month is was Nick's turn to go on a date with me.
Since Nick is 3, I wasn't sure what he would want to do. I didn't really want to do a movie with him, since he barely survives them as it is, and there wasn't really any new good ones out that I thought he'd love. The day of our date I kept asking him what he wanted to do for our date, he'd always reply with a smile and say "I don't know!"
I knew he'd be happy with anything. So I decided that we'd go to the mall, eat something there, ride the carousel, and see what else we may find to do.
Nick was so excited to go. It was so fun to see him so excited!
When we got to the Mall he choose Hot Dog on a Stick for dinner, and I went with the Pizza place they have there. Nick didn't touch his food. I thought for sure he'd be down with the 'dog' since that is ALL he ever wants to eat at home. But NOPE didn't want to eat any of his food. He just wanted to play on the stairs and climb on things that aren't made for climbing on. SO dinner was a bust.
After that we rode the carousel, and he LOVED this part. Then we rode the elevator, like 5 times, with Nick pushing ALL the buttons, and rode the escalators another 5 times! Nick LOVED this part of our date. He also got to play in the water fountain and threw in 4 pennies!
On our way out of the Mall he got to use the quarter he's been saving and bought himself a bouncy ball in the quarter machines. He couldn't wait to get home to show Sophia the ball he got!
Overall it was a pretty fun Date Night with Nick.
He is such a good little boy. I love his personality and the sweet little boy he is.



3 other thoughts:

Ashley said...

That sounds like some great memorable fun. Way to go! Did you find a good babysitter for the other two?

Allison said...

what a fun date! I should do that. One thing is for curtain, Nick loves his mama! He's such sweet little boy. It was fun spending the weekend with you guys! Miss you already!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

It really is such a great idea! I think I'll try that! We could rotate between umm...the grocery store, the library and, the gas station?? Gotta get myself outta here! :)

Post a Comment