Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Swimming Lessons Week 1

This week Sophia and Nick started their first week of Swimming Lessons!
They are taking them from Stapp Swim, click here to check them out.
They will be doing a total of 3 weeks. 2 weeks will be semi-private lessons (both kids with one teacher), then the last week will be a group class.
I was SO nervous on the first day. I didn't know what my kids would do. Sometimes they love things, and other times, they freak out. So I talked the whole experience up to them. Saying how fun it was going to be and how afterwards we would go get a snow cone! Sophia & Nick still remember the many trips to the snow cone shack we took last year when I was prego with Jack. So they were both excited about this part of the adventure!
Luckily for me the kids had no problem jumping right into the swim lesson. Their teacher this week is Emma, and she is so good with the kids (not to mention super cute and skinny- so jealous of her skinny swimmer legs)!
We are hoping to make two little fish from these swim lessons. I plan on being at our pool in AZ every day/night with the kids, so I need kids that are going to be comfortable with the water and enjoy it!
Here are some cute pics of the kids first day of Swim!

Sophia all set! Nick refused to participate in this photo-op!


Sophia and Nick patiently waiting their turn.






Sophia's first time off the diving board. See how she's holding her hair, it's what she does when she's nervous, or bored. In this situation, I'm thinking it was nervous!

1 other thoughts:

Allison said...

So cute!!! How fun for them! I need to look up some lessons here.

Post a Comment