Sunday, April 18, 2010

What are Your Sunday's Like?



So today is Sunday. One of the most challenging days of the week.
We have church at 1pm, and it's 3 hours long. You'd think we'd be able to make it on time, but nope, we're usually late. We've been so late the last couple weeks that we have to sit in the very back, on the hard chairs...something I usually hate doing. Surprisingly, the kids seem to do much better all the way in the back, where total chaos usually is allowed, and people really don't notice if your kids are fighting, screaming or jumping all over the place. I'm now thinking of making the back of the church our new home during sacrament-less stress=happy me!
My calling in church is Nursery Singing Lady...not sure the exact title of the calling, but basically I go to each of the nursery's, our ward having 3, and sing songs with the kids, ages 18 months to 3 years. I pack baby Jack along wtih me to my calling, which I do during the 2nd hour. It's tough packing him with me, and super hard to sing "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and the seasonal favorite "Popcorn Popping", with a 6 month old in my arms. Don't tell but I'm secretly hoping they release me from my calling soon...hehehe! I really do love my calling though. The little kids I sing with LOVE singing time, and they are all so cute!
The last hour I get to enjoy with all the other ladies in Relief Society. This is the best hour of the day, where I get to sit with Jack and listen to an awesome lesson!
After church it seems as if Sophia and Nick were feed nothing by refined sugar for the last two hours while they were in their classes. It is a total mess for the rest of the day. They jump around like crazy people, fight, don't listen to a word I say and do everything I've ever taught them not to do....it's crazy! Luckily for me, bedtime comes early every Sunday! The kids are so worn out that they don't even argue when I say "BEDTIME!!!!" Yeah for this time of the day!

My Sunday's lately are anything but what I've always imagined. I am grateful that I do have at least a couple hours during the day where I feel calm and at peace. It is these hours that allow me to make it through another week with three kids in tow!

How calm or crazy are your Sundays?!?!?!

0 other thoughts:

Post a Comment