Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gardening 101

The kids and I planted our garden today, only to then realize we may have jumped the gun, about 4 weeks! So later on today I covered all of our plants in hopes that we can prevent them from frezzing. So lesson 1, taught and learned-don't plant in the ground until mid to end of May!
I've never had my own garden before, so this is a new adventure. Growing up we had a HUGE garden. I remember planting the seeds, weeding the garden, picking the veggies and fruits, and even help in doing the canning.
Now that I have my own home and kids, I want my kids to know what a garden is and to help with it. We don't have a big area to work with, but we have enough for us to get our hands dirty and try to learn a new skill!
Sophia and Nick LOVED working in the garden. They were begging me all morning to go work in the garden! Sophia helped water and Nick helped me dig in the dirt. They were both awesome helpers. Jack watched from his new swing.
Here are some pictures of us working in our garden!



2 other thoughts:

KW said...

I would have had no idea that you can't start planting until then, but I guess we could very easily still get snow. Good job momma!

Sarah said...

That is fabulous!! Someday I want to do this. someday...

Post a Comment