Saturday, May 28, 2011

The House Burnt Down

I feel like I was in the proces of building a home, and the night before we moved in it burnt down...I haven't ran for 5 weeks, my marathon that I had trained for and was READY for is next week....I wont be participating, and it makes me so mad!

When I started this 'running' thing, I never knew the obstacles that would get in my way.

Yeah it was hard conditioning my body, but then my body started falling apart and I seemed to be more sick than I ever remember. I had so many obstacles and issues, I could have never imagined that I'd get such a serious injury, one that would make it impossible to continue and finish what I started.

Since I'm new to this, not sure how it will be once I can run again. Will it be like I'm starting all over? Will a mile feel like 10? I almost now can't believe that I was running up to 20 miles at a time...just 5 short weeks ago. I was in such a groove with running, my body woke itself up each day at 5am to go for a run. I was on running auto-pilot, and looking back, I loved it...






3 other thoughts:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh...I'm sorry! :( I did this once too a few years ago. I got achilles tendonitis from running to much and to this day, when I start a crazy regimen of running, it flares up again. You'll get there again! I hope you feel better soon!

Sarah said...

That is just depressing and sad. It sucks!! I am so sorry. You WILL get back to it though. YES YOU WILL...especially if you loved it.

sherrie said...

I'm so sad this had to happen to you when you were so close to your goal. I'm sure you must be super sad and frustrated! You have worked so hard. You are my hero! I hope you heal quickly!

Post a Comment